- 1/2 cup vegan butter (or coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup (96 g) coconut sugar (or organic cane sugar)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup (or agave nectar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup 48 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour (optional Almond meal)
- optional: 1/3 cup each (33 g) pecans or walnuts + (60 g) vegan chocolate chips
This is a Gluten-Free spin on my family’s sacred brownie recipe. My family can’t even tell the difference. Absolutely delicious!!
Grease a standard square pan (9×9) and preheat oven to 350 F (175C)
In a separate smaller put, coconut sugar, baking powder, vanilla extract, agave syrup and butter for 2 minutes (until it is well mixed and the sugar is starting to dissolve)
Mix tapioca flour, buckwheat flour, cocoa powder, salt together in a large mixing bowl and gradually stir in the liquid mixture you just made. Once fully mixed with no lumps fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
Spread into baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
Start checking the brownies at about 20 minutes of cooking by pushing a toothpick into the center of the brownie. The point where it comes out ‘moist’ but with no bits on it is when it is done.
Take brownies out and let cool for at least 15 minutes so they set.